Dieng Plateau, Central Java has specific and varied natural environments along with magnificent landscapes. This site offers beautiful lakes, ancient temples, unique phenomenon of Dieng natural craters and Mount Prau is located at height of 2.565m above sea level become the highest place in Dieng Plateau.
Dieng.org has more than 1985 original photos/pictures collection illustrate Dieng Plateau tourism destination in Central Java, Indonesia.
Dieng is the second largest highland in the world (2.000m above sea level) after Nepal and located in the west side of Mount Sindoro and Mount Sumbing. From the center town of Wonosobo, there are about 26 kilometers to endure by travellers to reach this highland. Administratively, Dieng is in the border area between Banjarnegara and Wonosobo. The temperature is approximately 12-21°C at noon and 5-9°C at night. During the dry season (July – September), the temperature can reach -4°C in the morning.
||The name of Dieng come from Sansekerta word “Di” means place and “Hyang” means Creator or God, then it forms the whole meaning as a place of Gods.
||Dieng plateau is located two regencies, Wonosobo Regency with 282 Ha (Dieng Wetan Village of Kejajar Sub-district) and Banjarnegara Regency with 282 Ha ( Dieng Kulon Village of Batur Sub-district)
||4°37’ – 5°15’ south latitude, 106°32’ – 106°52’ east longitude.
||7,20° south latitude and 109,92° east longitude.
||Dieng Wetan, Kejajar Sub-district of Wonosobo Regency and Dieng Kulon, Batur Sub-district of Banjarnegara Regency.
||In the north part: Kendal Regency, in the north west part : Pekalongan Regency, in the west part : Mount Sindoro and Mount Sumbing.
||Agriculture (potatoes, cabbages, carrots, garlics, onions, Carica, Purwaceng. Tourism (natural tour destination & history : lakes, craters , temples), breeding.
||The temperature is approximately 12-21°C at noon and 5-9°C at night. During the dry season (July – September), the temperature can reach -4°C in the morning.
||42.739 people (2011) source : LMDH Alam Lestari
|Popular tour destination
||Colorful Lake, Sikidang Crater, Arjuna Temples, Sikunir Sunrise, Menjer Lake, Kailasa Museum, Mirror Lake, Jalatunda well, Cebong Lake, Merdada Lake, Dieng Plateau Theater, Dringo Lake, Prau Mount, Pakuwojo, Dwarawati Temple, Sikarim, Seroja, Bimo Lukar, Sileri Crater, Candradimuka Crater, Bima Temple, Gatotkaca Temple, Setyaki Temple, Pangonan.
Dieng Plateau belongs to the active volcanic area (massive volcano) that is formed by the volcanic crater which is no longer active. This crater is clearly seen from the ranges of mountain which surrounding the land. Although the volcano has been inactive for centuries, some of the volcanic craters are active until today. The craters are Sileri Crater and Sikidang Craters. Besides craters, volcanic lakes complete the beautiful sight of Dieng, they include Colorful Lake, Mirror Lake, Merdada Lake, Dringo lake, Nila Lake, and Cebong Lake which is located near from Sembungan Village.
In accordance with Pergub No. 5 2009th about environmental control, the area of Dieng is on the coordinates 109° 41’ 00’’ to 109° 58’ 00’’ of east longitude and 07° 09’ 30’’ to 07° 17’ 00’’ of south latitude. It covers 6 regencies, 18 sub-districts, and 109 villages. Below is a table shows the list of villages in Dieng (Pergub No. 5 2009th).
- Kejajar Sub-district Includes 16 villages (Dieng Wetan, Patak Banteng, Jojogan, Parikesit, Tieng, Sureng Gede, Igirmranak, Kejajar, Serang, Sembungan, Sikunang, Kreo, Buntu, Tambi, Sigedang dan Campursari).
- Garung Sub-distric includes 6 villages (Tlogo, Maron, Menjer, Larangan Lor, Desa Mlandi, Tegalsari).
- Mojotengah Sub-district includes 2 villages (Slukatan, Deroduwur).
- Watumalang Sub-district includes 3 villages (Mutisari, Krinjing, Kalidesel).
- Batur Sub-district includes 8 villages (Dieng Kulon, Bakal, Karang Tengah, Kepakisan, Pekasiran, Pesurenan, Sumberrejo, Batur).
- Wanayasa Sub-district includes 7 villages (Penanggungan, Legoksayem, Kasimpar, Jatilawang, Wanareja, Tempuran, Balun).
- Kalibening Sub-district includes 3 villages (Kasinoman, Plorengan, Sirukem).
- Pejawaran Sub-district includes 7 villages (Gembol, Condongcampur, Ratamba, Sidengok, Penusupan, Grogol, Semangkung).
- Tretep Sub-district includes 5 villages (Tempelsari, Campurejo, Bonjor, Nglarangan, Sigedong).
- Wonoboyo Sub-district includes 5 villages (Rejosari, Wates, Cemoro, Tawangsari, Purwosari).
- Sukorejo Sub-district includes 4 villages (Bringinsari, Purwosari, Ngargosari, Genting Gunung).
- Plantungan Sub-district includes 3 villages (Kediten, Blumah, Tlogopayung).
- Bawang Sub-district includes 6 villages (Gunungsari, Kalirejo, Kebaturan, Jambangan, Deles, Pranten).
- Reban Sub-district includes 5 villages (Mojotengah, Pacet, Cablikan, Ngroto, Ngadirejo).
- Blado Sub-district includes 6 villages (Gerlang, Kembanglangit, Kalitengah, Bismo, Gondang, Keteleng).
- Bandar Sub-district includes 4 villages (Tombo, Tumbrep, Wonomerto, Wonodadi).
- Wonotunggal Sub-district includes2 villages (Silurah, Sodong).
- Petungkriyono Sub-district includes 9 villages (Tlogohendro, Simego, Gumelem, Yosorejo, Kayupuring, Tlogopakis, Curug muncar, Kasimpar, Songgodadi).
- L Agus Tjugianto. DIENG PLATEAU.
- Jajang Agus Sonjaya. Presentation.
- John Seach. Dieng Volcano, Indonesia (www.volcanolive.com/dieng.html)
- Culture and Tourism Officer, Wonosobo Regency – Booklet, Brochure, etc
- Culture and Tourism Officer, Banjarnegara Regency – Booklet, Brochure, etc
- Dieng highlands, Central Java Joanne Doornewaard, Dept. Of physical planning and rural development, agricultural Universitas Wageningen 1991.
- Dieng Tour and Travel Guide, DIENG plaTOUR 2013.
- Eyang Rusmanto, Dieng Spiritual Guardian (Gatekeeper of Dieng Plateau).
- Serat Paraden Dieng book.